View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
Responsible for supervising and developing all drivers for assigned accounts, addressing customer service issues or complaints; and all shipments to meet the customer’s needs and demands while promoting a safe driving culture.
- Conveys company safety campaigns to drivers while monitoring Driver Safety Scorecards.
- Route drivers through terminals to pick up permits yearly.
- Develops a sense of trust and integrity with the customer.
- Seek appropriate guidance from leadership on matters that could negatively impact USX financially.
- Determine necessary actions in relation to inclement weather, health conditions, deadhead miles, and the pickup/delivery of loads.
- Reconciles daily inbound bill schedule.
- Plans loads for driver pick up and drop offs based on availability, preferences keeping in mind driver hour requirements; contacts drivers with schedules
- Assures all fleet maintenance programs are current on tractors and trailers.
- Coordinates with drivers on physicals and random drug screens as well as CDL renewal deadlines based on Safety Department tracking and correspondence
- Accounts for all shipments via a daily and weekly service report
- Ensures fuel and routing compliance meets or exceeds utilization expectations of the fleet by verifying the status of all drivers and addressing any service alerts.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with drivers while establishing company performance objectives.
- Approve driver’s home time requests to ensure freight is available for drivers to get home on time.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Enter and maintain accurate information in the system.
- Coordinates lot checks and review for stale trailers.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and guidelines as well as Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Supervises driver performance to ensure proper balance is achieved with business needs and driver needs; documents and addresses performance related issues and escalating to management. Includes establishing company performance objectives with drivers, monitoring performance and executing annual performance review with each driver in the fleet.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT regulations impacting daily operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of high volume operational experience required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic and innovative thinking skills.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Intermediate interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required; ability to exchange information effectively and tactfully, moderate degree of tack diplomacy when dealing with others and handling sensitive issues.
- Extreme patience in dealing with volatile situations; flawless follow-up procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Internet, and applicable company-specific applications.
- Minimum of 1 year leadership experience required.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A