Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Creates transportation routing and logistical design outputs to support business growth within the Dedicated Strategic Business Unit using in house design software applications. Assists the manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of supply chain processes. Supports existing logistics operations by working with department manager, senior management, onsite management, or the customer as required.
Responsible for supervising and developing all drivers for assigned accounts, addressing customer service issues or complaints; and all shipments to meet the customer’s needs and demands while promoting a safe driving culture.
- Follows established productivity standards and related measuring tools to increase productivity for current operations as set by manager.
- Assists in examining and modifying the resource requirements of current customers to gain operational efficiency.
- Understands activities related to receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Monitors the quality, cost, and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods; may assist manager in developing policies or procedures that maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Analyzes data to monitor performance and plan improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the development of solutions by analyzing logistics problems and producing operationally sound logistics design outputs.
- Assists manager in coordinating and executing the design work in responding to RFP’s during the sales process.
- Assists customers and operations in adjusting resources to meet requirements during peak periods or business changes.
- Supports sales and operations teams in presenting logistics solutions to current customers and prospects.
- Experience in operations, engineering, and/or pricing is desired.
- Strong leadership skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of database software packages (ex. Access, Foxpro, etc.).
- Working knowledge of logistics design platforms (ex. Appian Logistics, TruckStops, etc.).
- Knowledge of MS Office software packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Map Point).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ transportation/logistics experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of pricing components and plan improvements.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A