Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
As a Network Analyst/Engineer, you will help drive our network strategy through a period of unprecedented growth and digital transformation. By working with a team of reporting analysts, network and digital strategy professionals you will ensure that as our organization grows, we advance and efficiently scale our technology and analytics capabilities. To ensure we remain on the cutting edge, products leveraging techniques such as advanced data analytics will be among your primary deliverables, existing freight knowledge would be highly beneficial. To drive the best results for our customers, you will need to be open, honest, and ready to join and lead a best-in-class team that is fully transparent to ensure the best results for our customers.
- Analyst will need to evaluate internal and external data sources to determine profitability, success, and growth opportunity of incoming awards.
- Analyst will need to complete regular analysis of overall network performance, carrier utilization, and more.
- Familiarity and experience with PowerBI a plus.
- Analyst will have opportunity to present to upper-level leadership and should be comfortable sharing and discussing data analysis and findings.
- Review and provide network feedback on bids from small and mid-sized customers, based on internal data and market knowledge.
- Must be comfortable working in a cadenced, deliverables focused environment.
including Pricing, Carrier Operations, Sales, and Variant Network team.
- Analyst will need to build and maintain business relationships with many different departments within organization
- Strong understanding of markets and truckload supply & demand preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required Self-starter who wants to take ownership and gets it done right
- Strong technical skills – ability to learn new systems quickly
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate with others clearly & effectively, both orally & written.
- Problem solving skills – identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate solutions
- Critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify positive/negatives of alternative solutions, conclusions & approaches to problems.
- Time Management skills – ability to prioritize projects and data requests
- Collaboration/Team skills – ability to work independently and within a team when needed, know when to ask for/provide help
- Passion for market analysis and data driven decision-making..
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Business/Economics, data science, business analytics, data management, information management or related major or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years experience in the Transportation and Logistics industry or related field
- Passion for market analysis and data driven decision-making
- Experience working in a collaborative, mixed-role environment
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A