Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Trucking is a tough business. That’s why Xpress Technologies goes the extra mile every day to help our community of carriers and drivers, and the shippers they serve. We harness deep expertise in trucking and intuitive technology to seamlessly connect small and mid-size carriers with the best freight from shippers nationwide. We believe in the power of trucking and the integral role our community plays in driving the American economy, and we come to work every day committed to making life better, easier and more rewarding for carriers, drivers and shippers everywhere.
- Create master project plans with tasks and timelines and track deliverables and milestones associated with project.
- Ensure project/team success by taking ownership of deliverables and assist/perform analysis, testing, support, training, or other tasks as necessary.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to program execution.
- Prepare schedule baseline, execution plan and agree with the stake holders across teams and ensure that it is executed on time per the project plan.
- Work with various stakeholders to define goals, scope and deliverables.
- Responsible for creating project strategy and building roadmaps.
- Analyze and communicate the impact of changes to project plans.
- Present weekly/monthly reports on progress to required stakeholders.
- Conduct project review meetings and report project status, risks, issues, expectations to manage and control project work streams. Anticipate problems before they occur.
- Control scope and time management across the project for successful completion within the agreed timeline and scope.
- Document what is in vs. out of scope, perform analysis for changes and negotiate/recommend course of action or escalate as appropriate.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong leadership and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business organizations
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Team player – excellent communication skills to work with colleagues across a rapidly growing company
- PC Skills: ERP, AS/400, Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Visualization experience – PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Strong business acumen and collaborative expertise
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executive sponsors, team members, stakeholders, and peers
- Experience negotiating contractual terms with vendors and customers
- Ability to facilitate effective decision making when differing opinions occur
- Highly organized with attention to detail and flawless execution
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Must be flexible—willing to change direction if needed—even multiple times
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with structured development methodology
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional certification of project management (PMP), Agile, or SCRUM desired
- At least five years of experience managing complex projects (in terms of budget, schedule, scope, risk, integrations) using a variety of project management methodologies
- MBA or equivalent graduate degrees a plus
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A