Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
At U.S. Xpress, we’re proud to have one of the largest, newest and most technologically advanced fleets in the entire nation. But machines don’t make our company great. People do— —especially the highly trained problem—solvers who keep these sophisticated machines running at their peak. How we see it, every time you help a delivery arrive on time, you’ve enabled us to fulfill our word to a customer. That’s why we believe you deserve a highly competitive compensation package, including a technician sign—on bonus, boot allowance, and college tuition at no cost to you or your children. So if you’re driven to passionately pursue your goals, we’re eager to welcome you to our team. Because when we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
- Change vehicle tires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers as outlined in USX PM guidelines.
- Check vehicle fluids (e.g. transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.).
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete most jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Ability to frequently go up and down ramp.
- Ability to frequently climb 51’ with one 24” step and pull full body weight.
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to stoop to 30” minimum and kneel to 18” minimum
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Ability to constantly go in/out of truck on 51” and one 24” step pulling full body weight.
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to pull self up ladder with 4×17”steps with upper body pull.
- Ability to frequently climb stairs 24” without a hand hold rail.
- Valid driver’s license required; must be at least 18 years or older to work in USX Shop Environment.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must provide own tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- D.O.T and Brake certification required to perform PM’s and brake work.
- OEM Online certifications preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of mechanical experience preferred.
- A Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A