Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
Responsible for delivering driver training and development in compliance with Company, Federal, and State regulations, assessing and coaching drivers of articulated vehicles, both in the truck and in a simulator environment, maintaining accurate records of all training, and fostering an encouraging learning environment.
- Facilitate and implement simulator training and development programs and maintain knowledge of simulator technology to develop and implement curriculum
- Model safe behaviors and professional interactions
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, i.e., role-playing, simulations, team exercise, group discussions, and videos
- Conduct on-road tests and other evaluations with drivers to determine if drivers meet U.S. Xpress skills standards and are in compliance with safety, DOT, FMCSR, and company regulations and policies
- Maintain U.S. Xpress-required certifications and professional licensure
- Conduct driver facing development in classroom, one-on-one, and hands-on settings
- Coach/Counsel drivers in collaboration with Operations and Safety for violations of DOT Regulations, FMCSR, safety standards, and company policies
- Obtain and organize procedure manuals, guides, or course materials such as handouts or visual materials
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, class completions, evaluations, and coaching sessions in the appropriate systems
- Offers specific training and development programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills, i.e., close quarter training, simulator training, e-learning, or other proprietary or non-proprietary training and development.
- Perform safety-related functions including, but not limited to, accident reviews and skills and behavior assessments
- Training/Development Delivery – prepares for training execution, manages the learning environment, delivers various learning methodologies, ensures learning outcomes; strong presentation, classroom instruction and facilitation skills
- Organization and Planning – determines specific work tasks and available resources to ensure timely completion of important work assignments
- Collaborative Teamwork – works well with others in the team in a manner that maximizes team results
- Personal Development – models personal development and maintains own professional knowledge
- Customer Centric – exhibits understanding of the importance of customer relationships by expressing concern, following up, and resolving issues promptly
- Ability to implement new driver facing training and development programs as required
- Effective Communication – Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner; correctly conveys information, both verbally and in written form, with the needs and expectations of the audience in mind
- Drive for Results – establishes and achieves clear, specific performance goals for personal and team achievement
- Coaching – ability to train, coach and evaluate knowledge and skills; displays coaching presence and creates awareness
- Ethics/Ethical Practice – meets ethical guidelines and professional standards; leads by example and maintains credibility
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A