View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
The Carrier Sale Rep facilitates the successful movement of loads for our customers by contracting and managing an outsourced network of transportation providers. Track freight to ensure customer requirements are met by the selected transportation provider. Make customer service the top priority by providing customers and carriers with the highest level of service possible.
- Stay up-to-date on market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- Provide world-class customer service through constant communication and support, by monitoring, tracking, and tracing all loads, and by resolving issues for carrier partners and customers.
- Proactive attitude and strong relationship building skills. Build strong relationships with customers, carriers, drivers, and external/internal stakeholders.
- Proactive in growth efforts to source new carrier leads and grow book of business to meet the demands of our customers.
- Demonstrated skill to develop and execute upon overall brokerage strategies. Negotiate rates and secure load coverage while maximizing profitability. Drive the use of
- U.S. Xpress digital and automated systems. Secure loads via carrier network.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Manage and grow a network of carriers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A strong sense of urgency in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment preferred
- 1-2 years of Sales, Marketing or Customer Service experience is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to comfortably negotiate and persuade others.
- Ability to multitask
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A