Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
- Participates in regular planning and download meetings with internal business partners.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to leadership team of ways to better engage with community partners.
- Manages the annual events budget and works with internal, agency and vendor resources to plan scope, gather content, and support materials.
- Develops relationships with key media in our main office markets (Chattanooga, Atlanta, Phoenix, Chicago and more) and with target trade publications.
- Liaises with community partners to provide logos, videos and other assets to extend value.
- Draft and distribute communications internally and externally including newsletter articles, news releases, team bios, and bylines.
- In alignment with brand communications leadership, proactively identifies and engages with community partners which align with the company’s four key pillars.
- Defines success metrics upfront and pre-event through post-event approaches.
- Coordinates and schedules resources including catering, entertainment, lighting, sound, and other vendors.
- Aligns partnerships with various departments and maximizes value adds internally and among customer base.
- Maximizes community partnerships through PR, marketing and social media tactics.
- In alignment with our sales team, evaluates and manages the organization’s involvement with industry/customer webinars, conferences, trade shows and other special events.
- For larger/national events, helps to negotiate contract terms with hotel, meeting space, food and beverage, and equipment suppliers, among others.
- Manages regular media outreach including editorial calendar management, scheduled/ongoing pitching of key initiatives, and coordinating/facilitating interviews with company spokespeople.
- Manages and facilitates inbound sponsorship requests and manages reviews/approvals against budgets and other key metrics.
- Meets with internal business partners to collect information including goals/objectives of event, to develop a plan, specific tactics, and budgets.
- Manages our annual awards program and assures we’re submitting required information in a timely manner.
- Works closely with social media specialist to properly promote and extend value of events; drive maximum participation and engagement on company-sponsored webinars/events.
- Polished, professional with a positive attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to connect and interact with wide variety of people
- Proficiency in word processing and editing software
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years in a public relations role is required
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A