Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
Responsible for delivering driver training and development in compliance with Company, Federal, and State regulations, assessing and coaching drivers of articulated vehicles, both in the truck and in a simulator environment, maintaining accurate records of all training, and fostering an encouraging learning environment.
- Maintain U.S. Xpress-required certifications and professional licensure
- Conduct on-road tests and other evaluations with drivers to determine if drivers meet U.S. Xpress skills standards and are in compliance with safety, DOT, FMCSR, and company regulations and policies
- Coach/Counsel drivers in collaboration with Operations and Safety for violations of DOT Regulations, FMCSR, safety standards, and company policies
- Offers specific training and development programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills, i.e., close quarter training, simulator training, e-learning, or other proprietary or non-proprietary training and development.
- Perform safety-related functions including, but not limited to, accident reviews and skills and behavior assessments
- Conduct driver facing development in classroom, one-on-one, and hands-on settings
- Obtain and organize procedure manuals, guides, or course materials such as handouts or visual materials
- Model safe behaviors and professional interactions
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, i.e., role-playing, simulations, team exercise, group discussions, and videos
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, class completions, evaluations, and coaching sessions in the appropriate systems
- Facilitate and implement simulator training and development programs and maintain knowledge of simulator technology to develop and implement curriculum
- Skilled in operating an articulated vehicle and trailer up to 53’ preferred
- Training/Development Delivery – prepares for training execution, manages the learning environment, delivers various learning methodologies, ensures learning outcomes; strong presentation, classroom instruction and facilitation skills
- Maintains an appropriate professional presence
- Coaching – ability to train, coach and evaluate knowledge and skills; displays coaching presence and creates awareness
- Knowledge of federal and state traffic laws preferred
- Ability to implement new driver facing training and development programs as required
- Organization and Planning – determines specific work tasks and available resources to ensure timely completion of important work assignments
- Personal Development – models personal development and maintains own professional knowledge
- Class-A CDL (Interstate) and active Medical Certification required, or the ability to acquire within 90 days of hire.
- Ethics/Ethical Practice – meets ethical guidelines and professional standards; leads by example and maintains credibility
- Ability to learn and use technology as needed; Examples include, but are not limited to, ELDs, simulators, learning management tools, standard office software (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Skype, etc.), telephones, and classroom equipment
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shippensburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A