View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Maintain appropriate parts and tire inventory to ensure efficient, cost effective maintenance and service.
- Responsible for functions at the fuel island.
- Responsible for quality control through auditing BPMs and vehicle repairs.
- Assist with vendor reviews.
- Manage shop tire scrap out program.
- Manage tech training program at the shop level and encourage participation in OEM modules.
- Ensure inspection of reseated trucks.
- Coordinate maintenance activities at Dedicated Accounts that are close by.
- Meet with staff to ensure consistency with company policy and procedure and other issue resolutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create and maintain a safe yet efficient work environment.
- Responsible for supervisory functions and personnel management: hiring, training, evaluating, assisting employees with work related issues, employee scheduling, and productivity reviews.
- Responsible for monitoring employee turnover at the shop level and making approved changes to help improve morale and retention.
- Provide employee corrective action plans as needed.
- Coordinate in-service of new trucks and trailers, monitor trade program, and provide proper reports.
- Provide daily report of all out of service equipment to appropriate departments. Communicate daily with operations personnel regarding status of out of service equipment and operational requirements.
- Respond to driver issues.
- Ensure OSHA and environmental compliance.
- Diagnose engine management/fuel injection components problems.
- Responsible for floor level operations of the shop.
- Stay up to date on all DOT requirements and ensure they are enforced.
- Generate maintenance reports and verify data.
- Assist vendors with invoices and other issues.
- Review all repair orders.
- Participate in accident review with claim department and provide follow-up with appropriate vendors.
- Advanced computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), Internet and applicable company specific applications.
- Driver’s license essential.
- Personnel management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; able to think “outside the box”
- Maintenance vocational experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations related to vehicle maintenance
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Understanding of all maintenance sections of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in shop or working with trucks required.
- Taking initiative and assertiveness skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shippensburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A