View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
The Service Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting drivers with equipment by obtaining detailed information from drivers to assist techs with diagnosis, verifying equipment in the shop is operational, and opening/closing applicable work orders in Cetaris. Additional responsibilities include ensuring driver satisfaction once the repairs are complete and tracking service pop ups, campaigns, and recalls.
- Ensures timely, competent, and courteous communications and relations with drivers.
- Maintains up-to-date information on status of repairs and estimated times of completions.
- Maintains technical bulletins and other service shop literature.
- Assists Service Manager in the management of Service Department files and records. Answers phone as directed by shop management team. Staggers lunch hour with shop management team to cover phones daily.
- Follows directives and schedules of the Supervisor or Manager in their absence.
- Works with Shop Supervisor to troubleshoot issues with parts department and delays in receiving parts or repair orders and resolves quickly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for proper paperwork flow and completion and service tracking.
- Personally coordinates all customer contact with the Service Department, including repair estimates, service appointments, customer authorization on service orders, status -of -repair inquiries, and complaints.
- Generates and maintains all work orders and repair orders. Assists drivers in identifying needed services.
- Coordinates with shop management team to assure completion of work within time promised to customer; responsible for Shop Supervisor responsibilities while out of the office.
- Monitors progress of repairs and updates driver on any changes or time of completion.
- Closes all repair orders in coordination with shop management team. Ensures that all parts and labor have been added to the work order and all required documents are attached.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Must have the ability to identify and meet customer needs and requirements.
- Possess organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional phone and customer service skills.
- Requires proficient computer skills for basic data entry and reporting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year in a similar Service Coordinator position required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A