View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
Responsible for delivering driver training and development in compliance with Company, Federal, and State regulations, assessing and coaching drivers of articulated vehicles, both in the truck and in a simulator environment, maintaining accurate records of all training, and fostering an encouraging learning environment.
- Coach/Counsel drivers in collaboration with Operations and Safety for violations of DOT Regulations, FMCSR, safety standards, and company policies
- Conduct on-road tests and other evaluations with drivers to determine if drivers meet U.S. Xpress skills standards and are in compliance with safety, DOT, FMCSR, and company regulations and policies
- Maintain U.S. Xpress-required certifications and professional licensure
- Model safe behaviors and professional interactions
- Obtain and organize procedure manuals, guides, or course materials such as handouts or visual materials
- Maintain all classroom technology and equipment including, but not limited to, computers, Driver Tech units, simulators, projectors, screens, etc.; responsible for reporting and tracking problems to resolution
- Incumbent must complete U.S. Xpress Professional Driving Program once a year.
- Conduct driver facing development in classroom, one-on-one, and hands-on settings
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, i.e., role-playing, simulations, team exercise, group discussions, and videos
- Facilitate and implement simulator training and development programs and maintain knowledge of simulator technology to develop and implement curriculum
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, class completions, evaluations, and coaching sessions in the appropriate systems
- Perform safety-related functions including, but not limited to, accident reviews and skills and behavior assessments
- Offers specific training and development programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills, i.e., close quarter training, simulator training, e-learning, or other proprietary or non-proprietary training and development.
- Minimum of 2 years in training/development delivery required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A