View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
Test, service, and repair trailers and related mechanical components.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Perform most diagnostics and repairs to brakes, air system, suspension, light trailer body repairs including doors, tires, lighting system etc. May need some assistance from Trailer Tech III.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance (pm’s) as outlined in USX pm guideline’s
- Change vehicle tires
- Pull trailers in and out of shop using a yard jockey before and after repairs.
- Grease mechanical parts
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of shop
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Valid driver’s license required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Basic welding skills preferred
- DOT and Brake Certifications required
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Must provide own hand tools adequate to perform job functions.
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to stand for long periods of time supporting full body weight
- Minimum of 2 years of working on trailers required.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A