Website Waste Management
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Must have all required tools to fulfill the responsibilities and requirements of the job.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OHS Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Completes all assigned mandatory online and in class training modules.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Valid driver’s license and must have acceptable driving record.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than _ pounds most of the work day;
- Experience: Three (3) years of relative work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A