Website Waste Management
As a member of the Waste Management People organization, the Sr People Advisor is tasked with providing tactical, responsive HR support to individual contributors in assigned business units and/or functions. The position serves as the first point of contact and trusted advisor for employee relations issues and human resources policies and processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apprise and escalates potential legal, risk, safety, etc. concerns to the People Manager.
- Serves as the local People point of contact supporting/delivering internal processes including Performance Management, New Hire Orientation and Exit interviews.
- Conducts training on company policy, programs, and other issues as they arise.
- Partners and participates with local team(s) on recruitment outreach efforts.
- Serves as an active member of People related project teams as assigned.
- Provides reliable and timely coaching and counseling to employees on issues to ensure consistent, transparent application of policies, procedures, and employments laws.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves complex employee relations issues balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company policies and employment laws.
- Serves as a mentor to others within the People department by providing technical advice and guidance.
- Assists the People Manager in the development and maintenance of processes and policies as well as new initiatives.
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Self-motivated; ability to navigate complex environments, get answers and autonomously drive solutions.
- Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately assess risk.
- Experience working in unionized environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels.
- Solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and conflict resolution with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to use experience and judgment to make decisions that may be based on imperfect or incomplete information.
- Education: Post-Secondary education required – Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study
- Experience: 5 -10 years of relevant work experience in a People Advisor or Generalist capacity.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A