Website Waste Management
Roll-Off Drivers safely operate a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities, and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OHS Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Completes all assigned mandatory online and in class training modules.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- The Class 3 license is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Experience: One (1) year of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring an AZ or Class 3 license or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Hold a current Class 3 license with an air brake endorsement.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A