Website Waste Management
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational Health & Safety and Ministry of
- Transportation requirements as well as all local, state and provincial laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Previous expereince with heavy lifting
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug/medical and background check, which will include previous employment check, and motor vehicle record review.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- All successful candidates will be required to provide a recent driver’s abstract (within 30 days) during the background check process. This can take 5-10 business days depending on your location.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Legally able to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
- Live within the GTA with knowledge of downtown Toronto
- Must have a valid DZ/AZ license with airbrakes endorsement with at least one (1) year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A