Website Waste Management
At Waste Management, we know that it can be challenging to obtain your Commercial Driver’s License! We recognize the time commitment and the costs associated with schooling to get your D license! That’s why WM developed a program for Apprentice Drivers! This program will take you from a G to a D license – providing you with the training, work experience as well as reimbursing you for your Driver School Tuition. Everything you need to grow into a successful and skilled Commercial Driver!
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational and Safety Health and Ministry of Transportation requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Performs as an on-route Helper while obtaining their Commercial Driving Permit and completing the training to be a WM Driver.
- After obtaining their Commercial Driving Permit, partners with a WM Driver and/or WM Driver Trainer to train on the proper way to operate a commercial refuse / recycling vehicle.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid S.I.N
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and medical
- Registration within 3 months of initial hire with a recognized local driving school to obtain DZ license.
- Completion of DZ Driver Training within 12 months of initial hire date.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mount Forest, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A