Website Waste Management
Performs various tasks in a landfill including containing loose refuse to prevent scattering, and directing traffic at the landfill.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Manually picks up windblown paper from periphery of landfill. Carries a large plastic trash bag and walks along the fenced border of the landfill, as well as on exterior land adjacent to the public property. Pulls paper from the fence and lifts loose paper from the ground, depositing refuse in bag until full.
- Uses mobile vacuum to gather loose paper and refuse. Drives tractor pulling vacuum along the fenced border of the landfill, as well as on the exterior land adjacent to the public property. When destination is reached, parks and descends the tractor. Grasps the vacuum hose handle and guides to vacuum loose paper from the fence and ground. When the immediate area is vacuumed, ascends the tractor cab and drives forward.
- Parks and descends the cab, repeating the vacuum process as necessary. Repeats these steps, working around the outer edge of the landfill.
- Lifts construction materials for projects related to site maintenance i.e., lumber, bags of concrete mix, hand tools, etc. Uses hand tools such as shovels, picks, axes and chain saws.
- Manually separates metal, white goods, lumber and cardboard from trash on tipping floor at landfills with transfer station.
- During the summer months, when traffic at landfill is extraordinarily heavy, the laborer is stationed at the landfill entrance in a chair to direct the traffic. Directs the flow of trucks.
- Communicates with the drivers verbally or by hand signals.
- Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than _ pounds occasionally;
- Experience: No prior experience required
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newbrook, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A