Website Waste Management
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis in single or multiple line of businesses: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off, Port-o-let, Tractor Trailer, HCS, and Bagster (does not include Oilfield Services).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas.
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Experience: Two or three year College Diploma or in lieu of diploma, High School Diploma or GED or High School Equivalency AND two (2) years of relevant work experience work in transportation, logistics, warehousing, or solid waste operations in which coaching, routing assessments and leading employees were requirements of the role.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mount Forest, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A