View All WHSmith JobsWHSmith
Our Store teams are the heartbeat of WHSmith so we’re looking for an engaging, driven, articulate Store Leader in our Stratford City WestfieldHigh Street Store to deliver operational and customer service excellence day in, day out! You will lead, energise and motivate your team to delivery excellent store standards and performance to support the Cluster Manager in the delivery of the trading plan.
This is a fantastic new opportunity, where you will use your leadership and operational experience to support future growth and development, leading your team to deliver excellence in all aspects of day to day retail. By being proactive and maximising local opportunities, you can really make a mark.
- Lead by example on the shop floor, have a hands-on approach and set high standards for your team
- Is proactive rather than reactive.
- Is flexible in approach to support the wider cluster/area as required
- Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor with at least 6 months supervisory experience
- Experience of supporting employee training and development
- Able to adopt an engage rather than tell approach
- Working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV and TPC
- Ability to motivate teams, build strong relationships and communicate well at all levels of seniority
We are looking for someone that has got recent relevant experience within a Merchandising role, ideally gained within a Retail or FMCG environment. It would be beneficial if you have line management experience with experience of using in-house stock, forecast and product management systems (i.e. TRMS, Teradata, SQL’s).
You should have advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V Lookups, Data Manipulation) with strong analytical skills and a customer focus. You will have exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence cross functionally and ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads.
It’s important to us that you have a key eye for detail and accuracy and have personal integrity to drive to succeed. You should have the ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable within a fast paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A