View All WHSmith JobsWHSmith
As a HR Advisor you will be reporting into the ER Manager and will become part of a talented HR Advisory team that provides expert advice and guidance on all things related to HR policy and practice, delivering a first-class customer service to all colleagues across our UK & International Store operations.
As an important member of our HR team, you will have previous experience within a similar HR role, be a confident communicator over the phone and via email and have a ‘can do’ attitude. This is a fast paced role dealing with high volume queries so being able to remain calm under pressure is an important trait. The ability to support staff who are based remotely is essential.
- Maintaining company policy and procedure accordingly
- Shaping policy and other employment-related documentation as part of the ER Team
- Advising on all employee relations matters, such as performance management, grievance and disciplinary issues and long-term sickness absence
- Keeping fully up to date with all developments in terms of employment legislation and employee relations issues
- Become a trusted Advisor
- Be able to manage HR cases through to completion including; Disciplinary, Grievance and Absence Management
- Developing and sustaining good business relationships to promote good employee relations across the wider business
- Provide ER support and related initiatives and training
- Involvement in or delivery of training
- Highly adaptable with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to gain others’ confidence quickly.
- Excellent judgement with a logical, meticulous and pragmatic approach to decision-making
- Ability to gain commitment, drive things forward, be highly organised and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to contribute and drive continuous improvement throughout ER practice and policy
- Experience of working on own initiative within a demanding environment with the highest professional standards
- Strong up to date working knowledge of employment law and experience in contributing to the research and development of employment policies, procedures and practices
- Experience in providing guidance, expert knowledge within a complex business operating model
- Experience of TUPE and other change management projects
- You will also be required to support the Employee Relations Manager with ACAS early conciliation claims and Employment Tribunal cases so experience of dealing with these is desirable
- Experience of taking the lead on managing complex ER cases and providing the necessary advice
- Excellent knowledge of ER procedures and processes
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A