WHSmith is one of the UK’s most successful and established retailers. Celebrating our 225th anniversary, we’re still breaking stereotypes and progressing year on year. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistants to work join our High Street and Travel Financial Accounting team. The role will be based at our High Street Head Office in Swindon and we are looking for a talented, dynamic individual to join us who must be fluent in Italian.
- Correctly matching invoices received to stock updated by our stores in Italy and raising queries for overcharged or missing stock.
- Dealing with supplier payment queries
- Reconciling supplier statements to ensure correct payments are made
- Assist other members of the team with ad-hoc tasks as required
- Ensuring correct authorisation is obtained for all invoices which do not relate to stock sold
- Processing of invoices directly into the ledger system
- Dealing with debit note queries from suppliers
- Entering invoices and credit notes into the invoice matching system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel (ability to perform Vlookups highly beneficial)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Fluent in German; speaking, reading and writing.
- Quick learner
- Unafraid to seek the right person and ask for help
- Strong organising and prioritising skills
- High desire to succeed and take pride in own work
- High attention to detail
- Numerate and analytical
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A