View All Xcel Energy JobsXcel Energy
Provide professional safety/technical training consulting across the Company/Enterprise. Utilize systematic approaches to training to develop and maintain training materials. Design evaluation instruments and analyze trainee and stakeholder feedback for program improvements. Position may require extended periods of time at the customer site. Manage Substation and Station Electrician training programs. Coordinate apprenticeship programs within regions.
- Fully utilize business processes (scorecard, marketing strategies, manufacturing-analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation) and project management in implementing training.
- Perform technical and process improvement consulting.
- Coordinate and facilitate special projects.
- Provide oversight and work direction for apprenticeship programs, continuing technical training, and instructional staff. Support continuous improvement of field staff to meet/exceed organizational goals.
- Consult with customer to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for all training services, products and programs.
- Design and maintain effective testing instruments and perform statistical analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate overall effectiveness, cost benefit and ultimate bottom line impact of the training/consulting product or service provided.
- Meet continuing technical and instructional requirements by adhering to Training Process Procedures.
- Utilize systematic approach to training to deliver effective training, and adhere to records management requirements.
- Design and develop skills enhancement strategies and practices to support continuous improvement of personnel necessary to meet/exceed business and organizational goals and to be successful in meeting industry and competitive challenges.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Education, or technical field related to the subject(s) in which the individual will provide instruction is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (specialized trade school, instructor certification, military training, journeyman training) is required.
- Five years of training experience or equivalent technical work experience related to subject area of instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A