Website Xcel Energy
- The Senior IT Architect is a key role within the IT organization. They own and govern the use of architecture design patterns, data tools and principles that align to the overarching IT Strategy and optimally serve their respective domain. They consult and collaborate cross-organizationally to support delivery of end-to-end capabilities. They own, report, and consult on the overall health and corresponding risks of the Technical domain.
- Planning and Strategy: Participate in creation and renewal of an overarching IT strategy. Develop and enforce reference architecture standards that are aligned with IT strategies and principles. Contribute to architecture road maps and provide input to technology roadmaps. Ensure the domain IT Strategy align with Enterprise Architecture framework and standards.
- Leadership: Lead work cross-organizationally through coaching and feedback, and through significant interactions and influence with leaders. Govern work efforts to ensure alignment with reference architecture, IT strategy and policy.
- Collaborate cross-organizationally to influence alignment on and adoption of enterprise architecture standards.
- Technical Expertise: Provide consultation and direction to delivery and operational teams on optimal architecture for respective solutions. Maintain state-of-the-art expertise of enterprise architecture technologies, frameworks, and industry innovations.
- Architectural Operations: Review and approve projects and work efforts to ensure that they are compliant with architectural standards. Track and manage exceptions to standards. Continuously improve operational processes.
- Assess, report, and make recommendations to eliminate operational risk related to technology or architecture.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Architecture acumen across multiple domains including network, infrastructure, software, hosting models, mobile platforms, and security.
- Exposure to diverse systems, technologies and processing environments in a large Corporate setting.
- Project solution architecture experience.
- General knowledge of core aspects of enterprise architecture (Software, Hardware, Network, Integration, Data, hosting models, platform types, etc.).
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A