View All Ford Motor Company JobsFord Motor Company
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The selected candidate will gain experience working with Studio on Class A parts, interface with multiple teams, drive future product development, and be part of the growing field of vehicle electrification!
- Collaborate with various multi-functional organizations in jointly identifying the prime alternative recommendation delivering the best compatible solution for quality, cost, weight, and function
- Work with a team comprised of Tier 1 suppliers, purchasing/STA, manufacturing, attribute teams, interfacing teams, and vehicle team
- Responsible for production warranty investigation and Assembly plant returns/failures with suppliers to drive containment and elimination of early warranty
- Problem solving, development of countermeasures, containment actions, corrective actions, and prevent recurrence actions
- Oral and written communication and Presentation skills to Lead Technical Design Review items before Managers, Chief Engineers and Directors demonstrating component knowledge and technical capability
- Lead benchmarking efforts for core components, present findings and analyze EVSE architectures and features
- Work with other core engineers on authoring DVMs and perform the vital bench and on vehicle testing to ensure component and vehicle operation to requirements.
- Own the design, release, packaging, and certification of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) for future model battery electric vehicle (BEV) programs.
- Lead EVSE design, release, and testing for next generation electrified vehicles
- Lead packaging (including enclosure) and appearance design efforts together with supplier partner, including any vital AAR
- Coordinate features and deliverables with Team Edison
- Release core components in AVBOM and WERS and drawing/model updates from P-release through launch, working with as-installed engineers and supporting change control as needed, report program milestone deliverables
- Manage Component Design Specifications (CDS) and Design Change Requests (DCR)
- Participate in Design Reviews and Worst-Case Circuit Analysis
- Work with EDS and OBC teams for accurate interfaces
- Handle quality foundation documents including Quality History, DFMEA, PFMEA, SCCAF, RCL/RDM, DVP&R, (refer to FMA)
- Experience (2+ years) in electrical component design and release and/or electrical systems engineering
- Understand basic electrical code requirements
- Experience (2+ years) with electric vehicles either at the system or component level
- 2+ years of experience with electrical component design development process and vehicle charging or strong Ford Product Design and Release experience.
- Ability to coordinate CAD and CAE support
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Bachelor’s degree
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A