View All Postmates JobsPostmates Inc
Postmates is hiring a Regional Organizer to support our public policy team and goals in the US-East region. The regional organizer will develop strong relationships with fleet members, merchants, and people in the Postmates Community. You’ll execute engagement strategies inside local and statewide markets, supporting and promoting Postmates policy initiatives as well as shaping legislative agendas through grassroots mobilization. The organizer will report to the Mobilization Manager and will be a key part of building the Postmates Community and achieving public policy progress for the Postmates community nationwide.
The most crucial role you’ll play as Regional Organizer is building community with our Postmates fleet and allies in our network. There are policy issues – local and statewide – that impact our Postmates fleet directly. We want to engage our community on these issues and mobilize them to make their voice heard. This person will also help execute cross functional projects at the local level.
- Organize, lead and execute virtual and in-person meetings and events for Postmates and supporters of the gig economy and encourage their participation in their community at local and national level.
- Conduct regular quality inquiries (daily, weekly, quarterly) with Postmates to understand their experience, improve our product performances, and inform campaign needs and objectives based on their input
- Demonstrate a disciplined focus on intentional leadership development through 1:1 conversation, identifying interest, inviting Postmates advocates into roles in the public arena and engaging them in grassroots mobilization efforts.
- Utilize various outreach efforts (high volume phone, email, website tools, etc) to build meaningful relationships with couriers and other essential members of the Postmates community and engage key stakeholders in meaningful action to further Postmates’s policy and social impact goals.
- Staff government relations events and employ innovative ways to organize our community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Execute grassroot advocacy campaigns across multiple markets including but not limited to New York, Illinois, and Washington DC that will support the Postmates local and national legislative initiatives.
- Support cross-functional projects that reflect needs in local campaigns and the regional functional team.
- Engage Postmates couriers in collective action for change by identifying issues, training leaders and spurring them into direct action with policy-makers and decision- makers at a local, county-wide, state-wide and federal level.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to learn, be flexible while navigating through ambiguity, and the ability to work well with others.
- 2 – 4 years experience in community organizing within political campaigns, charity, or government sector or grassroots campaigns or in any other field where outreach and quality investigation was crucial to the success of the project.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended work hours, including some nights and weekends, as campaigns require.
- Ability to build networks, either offline and with social media, and activate communities with the aim of involving them in campaigns on specific purposes
- An understanding of and interest in local and national political systems and policy making and in business development
- Strong computer and internet skills, including programs such as google docs, excel, and keynote.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders. Highly organized and able to deal with projects simultaneously.
- History of exceeding targets and achieving metric goals.
- Knowledge of political CRM software and digital tools
- Self – starter with strong work ethic, professionalism, courtesy and strong interpersonal skills.
Company: Postmates Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A