View All Volkswagen JobsVolkswagen
The Corporate Counsel will provide thoughtful and considered legal advice to the business on matters relating to Counsel’s expertise, and will manage legal matters on behalf of the business. The Corporate Counsel shall supervise and manage the work of outside counsel and associated experts in all counseling and litigation matters when applicable and appropriate. This attorney will also work closely with members of the Product Analysis Group (PAG) in managing such matters, fully utilizing the PAG team of breach of warranty technical staff, field engineers, and single incident coordinators, as well as a document coordinator.
- Retain quality outside counsel for matters when appropriate, including for single incident and breach of warranty and lemon law matters, interacting with PAG technical staff, field engineers, the business, and external counsel on strategy and execution of litigation (and pre-litigation) in various U.S. jurisdictions.
- Effectively manage those matters, including closely supervising outside counsel, by focusing on the timely, successful, and efficient representation of the Company with its short and long-term business interests in mind.
- Establish budgets and ensure efficient representation by outside counsel.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to inquiries from the business.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities for risk mitigation for the business by developing and cultivating relationships with the business and maintaining a pipeline of knowledge regarding business initiatives.
- Coordinate with responsible business units and counterparts, when appropriate, in the legal departments of other Group companies.
- Monitor and analyze changes in, and developments to, the law relevant to Counsel’s expertise.
- Advise relevant Company stakeholders of the impact of legal developments with respect to the Company’s business.
- Automotive consumer litigation experience including handling of breach of warranty and/or lemon law claims.
- Membership in good standing in the State Bar of Virginia, or at least one other US state and the ability to operate with a Virginia corporate counsel certificate
- Bachelors and Law Degrees from well-recognized nationally accredited academic institutions.
- 5-7 years related experience as an attorney at a recognized commercial law firm and/or in an in-house role.
- Experience retaining and supervising outside counsel.
- Expertise in counseling business clients on strategic and day-to-day matters.
- Expertise in managing matters and providing positive results within budgeted parameters.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Herndon, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A